Jio Meet is Jio’s Zoom Version?
To promote ‘Make in India’ initiative by the government, Reliance Jio, back in May announced the launch of its video calling platform- Jio Meet- under Jio platforms. Now, It’s a boom in video calling app industry to compete with the popular ones video conferencing apps like Zoom, Google Meet and Microsoft Team and more. It acts as an Indian alternative to support ‘Vocal to local’ campaign started by the government to be self-reliant. India govt has recently banned 59 Chinese apps for being ‘prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India. Before, going in detail let’s understand what is Jio Meet app.
What is Jio Meet app?
If we recall then earlier Jio Meet app is introduced as a beta app available for a small group of people. Jio Meet app is the biggest competitor of Zoom and other video conferring app as it is rolled out for both Android and ios platforms. Basically, this app allows users to conduct video and audio calls in HD quality and support 100 users per video call at a time. Additionally, Jio Meet app doesn’t offer any limit to the call duration. Jio says that free call can be uninterrupted for “up to 24 hours long”.
You can easily log in to Jio Meet app via a mobile number or an e-mail id. Then, required to create a Meeting ID to either join or invite people for a video calling session. Despite of video calling session, you can send a text message, voice messages, images and other files to one another.
Jio Meet Video Calling app v/s Zoom basic plan
The most clear advantage of using Jio Meet that Zoom is latter offers free unlimited 1to 1 video call meeting. But for the group of 3 to 100 users, only 40 minutes are available for free. If you want to extend, you have to disconnect and resume your session again. But, this is not the case in Jio Meet. You can continue the video calling session with 100 members for up to 24 hours free.
Jio Meet Video Calling app v/s Zoom paid plan
For hosting larger meetings with more features and flexibility, Zoom pro paid plans have more advantage than Jio Meet. There are basically 3 Zoom paid plans for small teams, SMEs and large enterprises. The plan starts at $14.99 per month per host for up to 9 hosts. But if you need more hosts, then you could opt for costlier plans. For larger enterprises meeting sessions, Zoom allows up to 1000 participants on a single video call. Additionally, Zoom offers custom plans for hosting webinars and Zoom rooms. O contrary, Jio Meet hasn’t announced any paid plans for users to accommodate for large enterprises.
Jio Meet Experience v/s Zoom Experience
Jio Meet video calling app is similar to zoom and have the same features. Jio Meet is supported across all platforms like Android, ios, Windows, macOS and web via respective app stores. People can download the app from Jio Meet official website too. It has an option to schedule the meeting in advance, password protect meeting and even a waiting room. Screen Sharing and recording options are available in both Zoom and Jio Meet. In short, Jio Meet has all features similar to Zoom.
Jio Meet App Reviews
Jio Meet has a rating of 4.8 on the App Store and 4.6 ratings on the Google Play Store.
How to Download Jio Meet app on Android, ios?
Jio Meet is available on Android, macOS, ios, and for Windows users.
- Head on the Google Play Store or App Store. In Google Play Store, Jio Meet has already has 100,000 downloads.
- Search for the Jio Meet app in the search section
- Click on Install button.
How to use Jio Meet Video Calling app on Android, ios?
The following steps to be initiated after installation of Jio Meet app:-
- Open the Jio Meet App on Android or ios device.
- If you are using first time or new to Jio Meet then click on ‘Sign Up’ option and enter the credentials such as e-mail id or phone no, first name and last name. Then tick the option of ‘I agree to the Terms and Conditions.’ If you are already registered then, just click on ‘ Sign in’ option which needs to have your registered e-mail id or phone no.
- You can also select the ‘Join a Meeting’ option to directly be a part of a call without registering yourself.
- Once you have signed up, you will be asked to provide an OTP sent to you and you are good to start using the app. But first, you have to provide the app with contact access and the permission to send you notifications.
- The JioMeet app has a simple and neat UI that has four options in the top (New Meeting, Join, Schedule, Share Screen), a Contact Requests option right below the top four options, and five bottom options (Meet & Chat, Meetings, Contacts, Settings, Help). There is also an option to add contacts in the middle.
- You can select the aforementioned options to go about and explore the JioMeet app.
Why it is like Jio Meet is Jio’s Zoom Version?
The total user interface, placements of icon and colours is almost similar to zoom and jio meet is being trolled by internet users like “Mota Bhai Asked Jio Team To Build Something Like Zoom & Jio Team Did The Same With real Something like zoom only”
Hope that the above information is useful for Jio Meet video conferencing app and sure will give a perfect answer to other video conferencing apps in India.