Documents For Pvt Ltd Company Registration in India
If you are a passionate entrepreneur who dreamt of starting your own company and making a difference. And you know the process of starting a new company but you are confused about the documents required for pvt ltd company registration in India. Then this blog will help you in providing information regarding the documentation needed for starting a business.
Registering a private company in India includes a sequence of documentation and legal procedures. The process objective is to make sure transparency, compliance with laws, and the formation of a legally recognized entity.
Whether you’re planning to grow your business operations or start a small business in India, the documentation process for company registration is important to understand. In this blog, we will discuss the necessary documents required for private limited company registration in India.
The private limited company registration process requires several documents that need to be submitted. The specific requirement depends upon the state in which a private company is being registered and the type of company being registered. Let’s discuss the list of some of the documents required for pvt ltd company registration in India.
List of Documents Required For Private Limited Company Registration Process in India
- Identity and Address Proof: First and foremost document required for the Pvt Ltd company registration process in India is identity and address proof, The proposed directors and shareholders of the private limited company must provide identity and address proof documents such as Voter ID, Aadhaar Card (a unique identification number issued by the Indian government), Passport, Driving License, PAN (Permanent Account Number), or any other government-issued ID proof. Additionally, proof of address such as a recent electricity bill or bank statement should also be provided by the private company.
- Photographs: Directors of the private limited company must submit passport-size photographs along with their application. Passport-size photographs should be in color and meet the specifications according to government guidelines.
- Memorandum of Association (MoA) and Articles of Association (AoA): The moa and AoA are the two important documents that describe the private limited company objectives, scope of activities, and rules that manage its operations. The directors and shareholders of the private company must be prepared and signed these documents.
In the company registration process in India, According to Section 2 (56) of the Companies Act, 2013, the term ‘memorandum’ refers to the memorandum of association filed during the private limited company registration or a modified version that follow the rules and regulations specified in the Companies Act.
For a Private limited company, The Memorandum of Association is an important document needed for incorporating a private limited company in India. It contains important details about the private limited company powers, objectives, and limitations. It must be registered with the Registrar of Companies during the incorporation process of a private limited company.
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC): The Information technology Act, of 2000 allows the use of a Digital Signature Certificate for the online filing of documents with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) or used to sign electronic documents to ensure their security and authenticity. It’s a safe and trustworthy way to submit documents electronically during the private limited company registration process in India.
- Director Identification Number (DIN): DIN is an 8-digit ID number for directors, with lifetime validity. It keeps director details in a database. Directors must get a DIN from the central government. DIN is unique to a person, so even if he/she is a director in multiple companies, they only need one DIN. If they leave one private limited company and join another, the same DIN can be used in the new company too.
- Proof of Registered Office: To register a Pvt Ltd company, you must submit proof of the company’s registered office address either during the private limited company registration process in India or within 30 days of incorporating the private limited company. Private limited companies must have a registered office and prove their address by submitting documents like utility bills, rent agreements, or ownership deeds.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC): The property owner must provide a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for Pvt Ltd company registration in India. If getting a NOC is not possible, any acquaintance can register the private limited company using their address for correspondence.
- Name Clause: The name clause tells us the private limited company name. It can’t be similar to any other private company. If it’s privately owned, it must end with “Private Limited.”
- Object Clause: The clause talks about the things the Pvt Ltd company works with. The company can change this clause when it adds more things as it grows.
- Liability Clause: The liability clause sets rules for members’ liability in a private limited company. For a guarantee-limited company, liability is limited to each member’s agreed contribution. In an unlimited company, liability has no limits, while in a share-limited company, liability is limited to unpaid shares.
- Capital Clause: It specifies how much money is invested, how many shares there are, and how they are divided. If it’s a One Person Company, the founder becomes a member.
- Registered Office Clause: This clause tells us the state where the Pvt Ltd company office is located. It helps determine the jurisdiction of the roc. The private company must inform the roc within 30 days of registration.
An “article” refers to the original or modified version of a private limited company Article of Association (AOA), which holds rules for managing the private company.
In the company registration process in India, The company’s Articles of Association have rules and regulations for how it runs and manages the internal affairs of the Pvt Ltd company. Article Of Association is under the Memorandum Of Association and must align with it and the Companies Act, 2013. It’s important for every company to have an AOA to define its internal rights, management, and responsibilities.
Private limited Company can create their own article of association based on their needs for Pvt Ltd company registration in India.
- Other Documents:
- Voter Identity Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Bank Statement
- Driving License, etc.
It is important to note that the documents required for Pvt Ltd company registration in India may be depending on the state in which the private limited company is being registered.
Overall, Pvt Ltd company registration in India requires various documents including, Identity and Address Proof, Photographs, MoA & AoA, Digital Signature Certificate(DSC), Director Identification Number (DIN), Proof of Registered office, No Objection Certificate (NoC) and Other necessary documents.
Follow Us on @msmestory